As some of you already know I’m working on a game called Becky.
We’ve been working quite hard to get to this point and we know it’ll take a whole ton more to get it where we want it to be.
So this is the reason why you haven’t really seen any art from me. I’ve been busy spriting and writing for Becky the past few weeks to get this far.
Becky is a hobby project that me and Qcode are working on, so we only work on this when we feel like it (I’ve been motivated to work on this daily though xD). I’ll try to squeeze in some art sometimes too.
There is a whole lot to talk about, but I’ve made a post on a forum I frequent that explains quite a bit, so if you’re interested go here: http://forum.stabyourself.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4828
If any questions you have aren’t answered in that topic, feel free to ask me!
Without the support of most of you I wouldn’t have been able to do this, so major thanks to all of you! I hope you guys will support me through this!
Back in October of 2014 I got lots of math homework for factoring trinomials. The problems were all in the same format, it was just more practice of what we had done in class.
I really wanted to automate the process to save some time, so I wrote a program in love2d to solve them for me. I sent it to some of my friends, but it was kind of impractical in an exe format. Since I’m now more experienced in Web Dev (and the web is much more accessible for everyone) I’ve remade it to work in the browser.
There’s a link on the projects panel of my website, alternatively you can just check it out at http://rossevansgames.com/projects/factor.html
Maybe this’ll be useful when school starts back up, who knows.
I was feeling in a bit of a programming rut recently, just going through the motions doing the same stuff. I recently had been experimenting with some web development, so to shake it up a bit, I decided to make Snake in HTML5 Canvas.
The development process happened more or less over a day, with not too many problems or interruptions. I did learn very quickly the importance of closing paths when drawing rectangles. On my first test I didn’t close any paths, so the app quickly ate up 2 gigs of hard drive space in a minute. Luckily it was quickly restored once I closed the tab, but it was real nasty to figure out why it was happening.
From there everything went smoothly. I did have a few problems with the Snake looping around the map, so I decided to go traditional and have edge of map collision result in death.
You can play it on my website: http://rossevansgames.com/projects/snake.html
The source code is up at https://github.com/Qcode/Snake (Keep in mind: written in one day, probably poorly optimized, etc.)
I’ve finally gotten around to adding a blog to this website, something I’ve been meaning to do for quite a while. I’ll try to keep this updated with whatever I’m working on at the moment so the front page of my website isn’t so static. Stay tuned!